Equal rights between men and women have been something that women have been fighting for a long time. The Canadian Coalition to Empower Women (CCEW) is an organization that was built to progress equality between men and women. Canada recognizes the importance of equal rights since it not only builds stronger economies but also creates a more stable and fair society as well as improving the quality of life for women, men and their families all across Canada.
The Canadian Coalition to Empower Women was built on the foundation of the Women’s Empowerment Principles (WEP). Their mission is to give women entrepreneurs the same opportunities than men so that they can create a more diverse and strong Canadian economy. To promote equality, the CCEW:
- Encourages conversations to make people understand that everyone needs to contribute in order to make gender equality a reality in Canada.
- Creates partnerships with all types of businesses, government organizations and investors such as civil society, community service, business, and labor organizations.
- Explores and encourages awareness of the benefits that gender equality can have on not only the business industry but also on communities across the country.
- Promotes Women’s Economic Empowerment Community Building events and activities.
- Encourages all interested parties to become signatories to the CCEW Statement of Support.
- Presents the UN Global Compact and UN Women CEO WEP’s Statement of Support to medium and large businesses that meet the UN WEP’s criteria and assist with their submission.
Women have as much to bring to the business industry then men, therefore, the CCEW works hard to give them the same resources than men. In doing so, they are giving women business owners every possible chance to succeed in the business industry.
The Canadian Coalition to Empower Women was formed to advance equality between women and men, girls and boys in Canada; recognizing it is essential to build strong economies, establish more stable and just societies, and improve the quality of life for all women, men and their families in communities across Canada.